A mechanism of extruder works in this way: material rubber is charged at a root area of an elongate screw engaged in a cylindrical barrel, then plasticized by heat, kneaded and mixed while being transferred by screw rotation, and then pressurized against mouthpiece at the screw tip area and pushed out through it with a designed profile continuously.
We, Nakata Engineering, have manufactured the extruders majorly as a long-established maker of the rubber processing machinery and kept studying for further developments. We have provided to the market a “hot feed” extruder traditionally, then developed a “cold feed” type which can process material rubber at an ambient temperature, a “vent” type which can degas the trapped air in the processing rubber, and a “pin” type which realized higher output, in our long history. We are proud of our contribution to the advancement of the extrusion technology.
EXTRUDERS ｜ Line-up
COLD FEED TYPE EXTRUDERS
Cold feed type extruders are constructed with specially designed screws best suited for cold feeding. The primary components of each machine are an extruder unit, a temperature control unit, a drive motor, and a temperature control panel.
- Ordinary temperature rubber in the form of tapes, pellets or slabs can be fed directly to the extruder, with no preheating in warming mills before the extruder.
- A range of screws is available for a wide variety of compound and extrusion applications.
- During the extrusion process, uniform temperature and plasticity is applied to the rubber compound to provide accuracy in shape and size of extruded components.
- Rubber feed to the extruder can be automatic, reducing the number of operating personnel.
VENT TYPE EXTRUDERS
Single screw vent type extruders have screws of an original and unique design. The primary components of each machine are an extruder unit, a temperature control unit, a drive monitor, a temperature control panel, and vacuum pump.
- Compound can be cold fed to the feed section.
- A single, specialty geometry screw and vacuum pump completely vent bubbles out of extruded components.
- Depending on the type of compound, the screw can be replaced quickly when necessary
- Because there is minimum of revolving or connecting parts, the costs of upkeep are kept low, and the machine is easy to inspect and maintain.
- Requires a small floor area.
PIN TYPE EXTRUDERS
The pin type extruder incorporates a special design with 60 to 100 pins protruding from the cylinder wall toward the screw's center. These pins enhance the mixing and dispersing of the rubber as it is kneaded between the screw and the cylinder, making the pin type extruder extremely flexible as a universal extruder that is applicable to many rubber compound formulations for diverse applications.
- Applicable to a wide range of rubber compounds.
- Pins enhance mixing to provide high uniformity in dispersion and plasticization of material.
- Output is 20% to 60% higher than a conventional cold feed type extruder of the same size.
- Rubber can be extruded at relatively low temperatures.
- The low energy consumption (WH/KG) helps keep costs down, while conserving resources.
View a Variety of Our “Extruder” Peripheral Equipments
Various equipments and devices relating the extrusion process, such as a Motorized Feed Roller, Gear Pumps, Extrusion Heads and etc. can be found here.
EXTRUDERS ｜ Features
RZ-H Extruder developed by Suzhou Nakata Engineering
Global procurement made it possible for our China factory to develop a low cost extruder, yet with Nakata technology. (Currently, diameters 90 and 60 mm extruders are in its lineup.) Nakata Engineering will continue to develop machinery meeting customers’ budgets and requirements.
RZ-H extruders have a control cabinet and TCUs on its base plate combined together. This feature can realize reduction of timeframe from installation through start-up.
RZ-H extruders are convertible into a vent type or non-pin cold feed type by choice of its cylinder barrels.
Hybrid Hydraulic Unit
Our EFE (Environmentally Friendly Equipment) project led us to employ a hydraulic unit of “low noise” and “energy saving” type. Noise can be reduced by 20% approximately to less than 70dB. While the conventional unit has a 15kW induction motor, the new unit has a 5kW high efficiency motor. It also has a 60-litter small fluid tank, less than half the conventional one. This is a hydraulic unit superior in many environmental factors.
It is also possible to replace only the tank part to a Hybrid Hydraulic Unit making use of the existing manifold of your hydraulic system.
HYBRID HYDRAULIC UNIT
SHORT CHANGEOVER TIME
The Nakata extruder is designed so the final die change can be made in one minute. The upper tool clamping system can be stopped at a set intermediate position, enabling the final die to be changed with the pre-former still clamped, preventing rubber leakage between the head and the tool.
LONG-LASTING AND HIGHLY RELIABLE FEED ROLL
Nakata extruders feature an improved feed roll assembly to prevent rubber leakage, ensure longer life and provide stable feeding of the compound.Nakata extruders featuring a separate-drive type feed roll, in which the extruder and the feed roll are driven separately, are also available, meeting customer needs in terms of operating environment and more highly accurate compound supply.
A WIDE VARIETY OF CLAMP STRUCTURES
EXTRUDERS ｜ Specifications
COLD FEED TYPE EXTRUDER SPECIFICATIONSThis table can be scrolled horizontally.
VENT TYPE EXTRUDER SPECIFICATIONSThis table can be scrolled horizontally.
PIN TYPE EXTRUDER SPECIFICATIONSThis table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Number of pin||6 x 10||6 x 10||6 x 10||6 x 10||8 x 10||8 x 10||10 x 10||10x 10|